Module 3.2 – ICD Codes
ICD codes are standardized nomenclature for a patient’s diagnosis or condition. Most ICD diagnosis codes used in orofacial myofunctional therapy begin with the letter K, M, or R. M codes are for “musculoskeletal and connective tissue” conditions, K stands for “digestive system” conditions, and R indicates “symptoms, signs, and abnormal clinical and lab findings.”
Importing an ICD CODE CSV FILE makes it easy to add a diagnosis to a patient’s chart.
By clicking on the edit button to the right of your most commonly used code, you can click “pin to top,” so you can easily find it at the top of your bank of ICD codes.
The diagnosis code can be selected from the ICD code bank and added via the patient notes. You can also upload a referral or letter of medical necessity into the “files” section of the client profile/patient chart (see Module 2.7).
- Add a file to the patient’s timeline: https://support.intakeq.com/article/315-attaching-files-to-a-clients-timeline
- Upload a file into the client profile/patient chart: https://support.intakeq.com/article/400-file-management
- Importing the CSV file: https://support.intakeq.com/article/423-importing-diagnosis-codes
- Displaying the current diagnosis codes within treatment notes: https://support.intakeq.com/article/377-displaying-current-diagnosis-codes-within-treatment-notes
- Using the patient diagnosis feature: https://support.intakeq.com/article/263-using-the-patient-diagnosis-feature