Module 2.3 – Telehealth
PracticeQ integrates with Zoom and Google Meet. PracticeQ Telehealth (an IntakeQ product) is also available. Doxy is another a great telehealth program, but it does not directly integrate with IntakeQ/PracticeQ. Though Doxy does not directly integrate with IntakeQ/PracticeQ, it is still very easy to use.
IntakeQ Home > More > Subscription
|Cost||$10 per practitioner per month||Healthcare plans start at $149+ per year||$6+ per user per month
Get 10% off your first year of Google Business Starter plan using the code 77ADN4VERXQKGT3
or get 10% off your firest year of Google Business Standard plan using the code 39RCNGPGKTFQVDK
|$0-50 per provider per month|
|Does it integrate with IntakeQ?||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Will they sign a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA)?||Yes, this is covered under your HIPAA BAA with IntakeQ.||Yes, only healthcare plans can be HIPAA complaint.||Yes||Yes|
|Does it allow for the recording of sessions?||No||Yes||Yes||Photo capture only|
|Can you offer remote control of your mouse to play online games?||No||Yes||No||No|
|Can you screen share?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Group calls? (>2 people in attendance)||No||Yes||Yes||Yes, with paid version|
|Live chat feature?||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Does it log your meeting history (records meeting time, date, and duration)||Yes, under Reports > Telehealth||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Does it allow for internal branding?||Yes, Per IntakeQ, “Our native system uses the client portal as a base, which supports these features.”||Yes||No||Yes, with paid version|
|File sharing?||Yes||Yes||No||Yes, with paid version|
|Downloads or plugins required?||No||Yes||No||No|
|Unique links at each visit?||Yes, unless you set up an event using method 1 here: https://bit.ly/3z8lP78||Depends. If an appointment is recurring, the same link will be generated. For a one-off appointment, a new link will be generated. (Alternatively, you could not integrate Zoom but use your personal meeting room, like you would for Doxy)||Yes||No|
|Other features||Whiteboard||Whiteboard; Live captions; Virtual waiting room||Virtual waiting room;Text notifications when your patient has arrived|
Let’s take a closer look at each of the 4 telehealth programs that are most commonly used with IntakeQ:
1. Zoom (Jessica’s favorite telehealth platform)
2. Google Meet
3. PracticeQ Telehealth
Want to allow for remote control of the mouse with PracticeQ Telehealth? Tell IntakeQ here: https://practiceq.canny.io/feature-requests/p/teletherapy-remote-control
4. Doxy.me (Alyssa’s favorite telehealth platform)
Regardless of which telehealth platform you use, we have a few recommendations:
- If you haven’t already, we recommend that you create a new location for televisits by navigating to Home > Bookings > Settings > Hours/Locations. Use the location name of “Televisit” and use your telehealth platform (i.e., “Zoom” or “Google Meet”) as your location address. If you use Doxy, we recommend that you input your URL in the location address section instead.
- If you charge on a per appointment/per service basis (not as a package), we recommend that you create a separate service for service that is offered via televisit. To do this, navigate to Home > Bookings > Settings > Hours/Locations and follow these steps:
- You can either create a new service from scratch or duplicate an existing service. (Both the edit and duplicate buttons are to the right of the service.)
- For the services offered via televisit, edit the service to include “televisit” in the title.
- Then, make sure that the “televisit” service location is unchecked on all in-person services, and similarly, all in-person service locations are unchecked on televisit services.
- Then, if you use PracticeQ Telehealth, Zoom, or Google Meet, make sure it is enabled under the “advanced” tab.
- Then you can pre-populate some billing information by navigating to the “superbill” tab. Change the default place of service to “10” for televisits, “11” for in-person, and “12” for home visits.
- While you’re still on the “superbill” tab, click on “add procedure” and enter an appropriate CPT code to be the default for that service. Change the modifier to “95” for services that are provided via televisit.
- Telehealth resource: https://support.intakeq.com/article/388-telehealth-resource-for-your-clients
- Telehealth: https://support.intakeq.com/category/392-telehealth
- Telehealth Options: https://support.intakeq.com/article/406-intakeq-telehealth-options
- Information on BAA requirements: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/business-associates/index.html
- More Information on PracticeQ Telehealth: https://support.intakeq.com/article/383-practiceq-telehealth