Module 2.4 – Integrating and Using Telehealth
Let’s take a closer look at the 4 telehealth programs that are most commonly used with IntakeQ:
1. Zoom (Jessica’s favorite telehealth platform)
Integrating and Joining Appointments on Zoom:
- Purchase Zoom: https://zoom.us/pricing
2. Google Meet
Integrating Google Meet into IntakeQ:
Applying Google Meet to Services:
Joining a Google Meet Appointment:
- Purchase Google Meet: https://workspace.google.com
3. PracticeQ Telehealth
Subscribing to, Integrating, and Joining Appointments on PracticeQ Telehealth:
- More Information on PracticeQ Telehealth: https://support.intakeq.com/article/383-practiceq-telehealth
- Purchase through IntakeQ Home > More > Subscription
4. Doxy.me (Alyssa’s favorite telehealth platform)
Incorporating Doxy into IntakeQ:
Joining a Doxy Appointment:
- Purchase Doxy: https://doxy.me/
Regardless of which telehealth platform you use, we have a few recommendations:
- If you haven’t already, we recommend that you create a new location for televisits by navigating to Home > Bookings > Settings > Hours/Locations. Use the location name of “Televisit” and use your telehealth platform (i.e., “Zoom” or “Google Meet”) as your location address. If you use Doxy, we recommend that you input your URL in the location address section instead.
- If you charge on a per appointment/per service basis (not as a package), we recommend that you create a separate service for service that is offered via televisit. To do this, navigate to Home > Bookings > Settings > Hours/Locations and follow these steps:
- You can either create a new service from scratch or duplicate an existing service. (Both the edit and duplicate buttons are to the right of the service.)
- For the services offered via televisit, edit the service to include “televisit” in the title.
- Then, make sure that the “televisit” service location is unchecked on all in-person services, and similarly, all in-person service locations are unchecked on televisit services.
- Then, if you use PracticeQ Telehealth, Zoom, or Google Meet, make sure it is enabled under the “advanced” tab.
- Then you can pre-populate some billing information by navigating to the “superbill” tab. Change the default place of service to “10” for televisits, “11” for in-person, and “12” for home visits.
- While you’re still on the “superbill” tab, click on “add procedure” and enter an appropriate CPT code to be the default for that service. Change the modifier to “95” for services that are provided via televisit.
Other helpful links:
- Telehealth resource: https://support.intakeq.com/article/388-telehealth-resource-for-your-clients