Preparing for a televisit appointment
To prepare for your upcoming appointment, there are a few things you must do:
- Call us at (412) 407-2668 or visit https://intakeq.com/booking/whvp84 to book your televisit appointment. Initial televisit appointments may be booked no earlier than 1 week in advance to allow time for materials to be shipped via USPS.
- You should receive an email from email@example.com confirming the details of your upcoming appointment. Double-check the appointment details and add the appointment to your calendar. (See the bottom of the email for a link).
If you do not receive an email in your inbox, double-check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved sender list. If you still cannot find the email, contact us at email@example.com or at (412) 407-2668. If you do not receive an automated email, text, or phone call reminder, you may not have an appointment.
- In a separate email, you should receive new patient intake forms. Please be sure to fill out this paperwork in advance.
- Take the following pictures and videos and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- For a lactation evaluation: Picture of the underside of your child’s upper lip (so the upper labial frenal attachment is in full view); a picture of the underside of your lower lip (so the upper labial frenal attachment is in full view); picture or video of the infant’s tongue
- For an orofacial myofunctional evaluation: Picture of your smile; picture of your front teeth; pictures of you back teeth on each side; picture of the underside of your upper lip (so the upper frenum is in full view); picture of your palate; picture of the underside of your lower lip (so the lower frenum is in full view); a video of you opening as wide as comfortably possible and then elevating your tongue to the top of your mouth; a video of you suctioning, so you can see the tongue in the palate; a video of you opening and closing your mouth slowly; a video of you swallowing with your lips opened (Use your fingers to peel away your cheeks); and a video of you opening your mouth and then saying (ah) where the back of the throat is visible
- For an occupational or speech therapy evaluation: Your provider will discuss specific needs for additional photos or videos with you at your appointment.
- Check your internet speed. Video calling and screen sharing require an upload and download speed of at least 128Kpbs. To test your internet speed you can visit https://fast.com/.
- Make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of your browser.
- Prepare to have the following materials available for your appointment:
- For a lactation evaluation- Please bring pumps, bottles, slings, nipple shields, and anything else that you would like to discuss with the lactation consultant.
- For an orofacial myofunctional evaluation- Please bring a drink, a hard/crunchy food (e.g., crackers or pretzels), and a soft/pureed-style food (e.g., applesauce, pudding, or yogurt). Also, please bring any sort of removable oral appliances you wear (such as retainers, night guards, and dentures). If you proceed with treatment, you will receive a bag of materials. Please bring this bag to your routine appointments.
- For an occupational therapy evaluation- If you have a feeding concern, please bring a preferred food and a challenging food. You may also want to bring a bottle, if applicable.
- For a speech therapy evaluation- If you have feeding concerns, please bring a drink, hard/crunchy food (e.g., crackers or pretzels), and a soft/pureed-style food (e.g., applesauce, pudding, or yogurt). You may also want to bring a cup or bottle you commonly use.
- Sign into doxy.me/pghomt shortly before your scheduled appointment time.
- Ensure your webcam and microphone are working by running a pre-call test.
- We will join you as soon as possible!
- Your exercise and activity assignments will be sent to the email on file. Contact us if you do not receive your assignment sheet within 24 hours.