Preparing for an in-person appointment
To prepare for your upcoming appointment, there are a few things you must do:
- You should receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the details of your upcoming appointment. Double-check the appointment details and add the appointment to your calendar (see the bottom of the email for a link).
If you do not receive an email in your inbox, double-check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your approved sender list. If you still cannot find the email, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (412) 407-2668. If you do not receive an automated email, text, or phone call reminder, you may not have an appointment.
- In a separate email, you will receive new patient intake forms. Please try to fill this paperwork out in advance.
- Prepare to bring the following materials to your appointment:
- For a lactation evaluation-Please bring pumps, bottles, slings, nipple shields, and anything else that you would like to discuss with the lactation consultant.
- For an orofacial myofunctional therapy evaluation-Please bring a drink, a hard/crunchy food (e.g., crackers or pretzels), and a soft/pureed-style food (e.g., applesauce, pudding, or yogurt). Also, please bring any sort of removable oral appliances you wear (such as retainers, night guards, and dentures). If you proceed with treatment, you will receive a bag of materials. Please bring this bag to your routine appointments.
- For an occupational therapy evaluation-If you have a feeding concern, please bring a preferred food and a challenging food. You may also want to bring a bottle, if applicable.
- For a speech therapy evaluation-If you have feeding concerns, please bring a drink, hard/crunchy food (e.g., crackers or pretzels), and a soft/pureed-style food (e.g., applesauce, pudding, or yogurt). You may also want to bring a cup or bottle you commonly use.
Our office is located in the Kenmawr Building in the Shadyside neighborhood of Pittsburgh, which is home to both residential apartments and business offices. The Kenmawr Building is a large, brick building with its main entrance on Shady Ave. Free parking is available in the front lot and on-street nearby. It can also easily be accessed through public transit.